What happens in an ICU:-
In critical care unit, our experts use a variety of equipment to keep the patient alive. These include:-
1) Catheters, flexible tubes used to get fluids into the body or to drain fluids from the body.
2) Dialysis machine if the patient has a kidney failure
3) Feeding tubes to give you nutritional support.
4) Intravenous tubes to give you medicines and fluids
5) Machines to check you vital signs.
6) Oxygen therapy to stabilize your breath.
7) Tracheostomy tubes, which are breathing tubes.
8) Ventilators (breathing machines), which move air in and out of your lungs.